Saturday, March 31, 2007

Getting Excited

Last Sunday, my family and I had an encouraging and refreshing visit at Sister Lakes Community Church, Dowagiac, MI. It's where I grew up. I sang several songs and shared my testimony about God's call on our lives toward missions.

We weren't just received warmly, but celebratorily. I don't know if that makes sense to you or not, but I just sensed that people for us. I sense a similar excitement at our home church, and growing confirmation that we are following along a course of action that is pleasing to the Lord.

That's the core of everything that's worth doing: finding what pleases God, and enjoying doing it. When we find that, we find a sense of freedom and balance that we can experience no where else. I wonder if that is why the Apostle Paul who suffered through so many hardships and such deprivation started all his letters with exultation's of joy.

I've never felt this small but growing sense of inner, peaceful freedom before. If I had it before, it was when I was a child, but even then there was much that troubled me.

I'm so thankful to God that He is kindly and generously providing for my and my family's emotional, physical, and spiritual needs.

Later,

Adam

No comments: