Saturday, May 17, 2008

Growing Old With Grace

Sitting at my mom and dad's house. Dad's legs are worse, and they hurt him at night. He has artherial sclerosis. It's serious, and could jeapordize him keeping his legs. Some nights the pain is worse than others. We are learning how much we love and care for each other, and how important our family is to us.

I'm sitting up with dad tonight. He is up and down a number of times and needs help getting out of bed and into his wheel chair.

Mom (her name is Grace) is diong o.k., but it's getting harder for them to manage in their own home. It gets a little comical at night when she has taken her hearing aid out, and we try to talk to her.

She says that she turns her hearing aids off when her boys (including me) are home. She says that we are loud enough that she doesn't need them. I think that means we're big mouths.

It's good to be home, and I realise how much I love my parents, and that they have been wonderful to me and to all of us children.

Adam

No comments: