Saturday, November 15, 2008

From Cicero to Peoria

At 1pm on Wed I drove to Cicero, Illinois and presented at 58th Avenue Baptist Church. 58th is an old neighborhood church nestled in the midst of Chicago brick houses and apartment buildings. Thirty years ago it was a Czech neighborhood, and pastor Karrow to me to eat down the street at one of the remaining Czech restaurants. No surprise that dinner included gravy and dumplings. It was a great turn-out for a Wednesday night and the people were friendly and enthusiastic.

By 9:30 that evening I was back on the road and home with my family by 1:30 the next morning. It took lots of coffee, but I did fine. I don't bounce back from late night drives quite like I used to, but by Friday I was clicking on all cylinders.

Friday morning I took Marge and Maryellen to school from which they were going on a field trip to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. From there they took the Amtrack to visit early with Marge's family. It's also an opportunity for Maryellen to take a trip on a train. She's never been on Amtrack before. Michael and I are driving down today. We'll all be staying with Marge's sister, and presenting in the morning and evening serivces at Calvary Baptist Bible Church, Peoria. Sunday night we will do yet another late night drive to get back to Michigan. At least that's the plan.

After that it looks like we will be off the road for a week or two. That will get us time to finally put our house on the market. December first should be the day it goes up for sale.

Adam

No comments: