Saturday, July 18, 2009

Gearing up for the Rockies

Sunday, after speaking at First Baptist in Bellevue, we are heading off to ?? for the two week PILAT training at Mission Training International (http://www.mti.org) located in Palmer Lake, CO. PILAT is the Program in Language Acquisition Training and while there we will learn the skill of language acquisition.

I honestly don't know what we will be doing for two weeks, but I want to have the skills necessary to learn the Czech language well. After the training we are going to drive up to Estes park where we've rented a cabin for several days. This opportunity won't arise again for a long time, so we want to enjoy the beauty of the region while we can.

I'm a little nervous. I've never done a cross country road trip before. Growing up we flew everywhere. My dad was a pilot for United Airlines, so tickets were very cheap or free. This is a new experience for me, but I'm looking forward to it.

Check here, and I'll keep you updated on what happens.

No comments: