Thursday, January 17, 2008

Quick Update

I'm quickly jotting this note before I leave for my "day job". I'm truly thankful for my job and the management is very supportive of where I'm trying to head. That said, it's becoming quite difficult to give my employer my 100% while I'm there at work and then turn around and do the same thing for missions preparation while at home. My employer has offered a new benefit of Flexible Working Hours. I'm discussing this with my manager, and then will make application for the benefit. My application will be to work 4 ten hour days Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri. I would stay home on Tuesday and work on missions. This could really be a help.

I'll be in Chicago this weekend at Devon Church. Saturday, I'm helping them reset and possibly upgrade their sound system. Sunday I'm preaching there. I'm not there as a missionary candidate, but the pastor encouraged me to speak freely about it and hand out prayer cards. This is a church in which I have a developing relationship. I'm leaving by train Friday afternoon.

There is a group of six adults at Bethel that are working to make cold calls to churches for us. They call and find churches that are willing to receive an information packet. I send out the packet and then make a follow up call. Pray that God would raise up a few more contact team members, and that the Lord would guide us to the churches He has for us.

We are starting one of our required classes next week. It is in Bible study/interpretation. The text is called Grasping God's Word. I'm looking forward to the study, but not the extra responsibility of keeping up with the work.

It seems lately that Marge and I at least once a week suffer from insomnia. Up in the night thinking or fretting about .... you name it. We both need a good night's sleep. One of the biggest worries is how our house will sell. We plan to put it up for sale once the kids start summer break from school.

Please continue to pray for us.

I really enjoy visiting with people in their homes to explain how God has called us and where we are going. If you would like a visit, please click this link and send me an e-mail.

Adam M Parmenter

No comments: