Sunday, March 2, 2008

Suddenly its 12 midnight!

It's still a little odd getting used to the time difference between Michigan and the Czech Republic. If I get up and make a call at 5am, that is 11am there. I have a 50/50 chance of getting Pastor Barnes at home.

So then I'm at work and I keep thinking that it would be good to call at about 2pm. If something else doesn't come up and my cell phone gets a descent connection it seems like something else is making the connection garbled. Most often what happens, is I get caught up in what's going on at work and then later I'm home and 6pm here in Michigan (12 midnight in the Czech).

I'm thinking of trying a 3am call. I could write down all of my questions and thoughts ahead of time, set my alarm for 3am. At 3am, I won't likely be very bright and perky, but I could just stick to my prepared questions. It would be 9am for Pastor Barnes, so that would be the right time of the morning to get a hold of him.

Stay posted. I'll let you know if it happens.

Adam

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post. I was kind of wondering what was up, since this didn't sound like a typical trip for you. You and the family will be in our prayers.