Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Different Mission

Last Saturday I arrived at Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix, Arizona. I'm here to help my mother make care arrangements for my father's health. Dad is 86. Several weeks ago, he fell and hit his head. The resulting injury has left him quite confused and weak.

He is in Springdale nursing home in Mesa, AZ and we aren't sure how long his recovery will be.

Last week my brother Mark was here, and this is my week to help my mom navigate the health care system. I've been busier here than I am at home and missions preparations have come to a halt, while I tend to this very important mission.

Please pray for Marge and the kids as I will be won't seem them again until next Thursday, and pray that my father will receive the care that he needs. Also, pray that my dad, mom and I will be an example of how a Christian lives to the people and staff at the nursing home.

I'm making every effort to thank the staff for all that they do, but also I'm persitent in getting the information that I need and getting dad treatment.

Some of you may know my father, and I encourage you to send cards to their home and my mother can take them to dad:

Allen Parmenter
Lot 110
300 South Val Vista
Mesa, AZ 85204

Adam


This message was sent from Adam Parmenter to adammparmenter.journey2missions@blogger.com. It was sent from: ABWE Czech, 1512 Bank Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49001. You can modify/update your subscription via the link below.Email Marketing Software

Manage your subscription

No comments: