Friday, May 25, 2007

Calm and Nervous All At Once

Still no passports. I'm currently in contact with Representative Fred Upton's office here in Kalamazoo, MI. The office manager there has escalated our passport to their congressional liaison who will get it through the system and FedExed to us.

The nail biting part is that there are people who need their passports in for this weekend, so ours is not as urgent as theirs. So as of the end of this week will not have passports. Monday is a holiday, so when I return to work on Tuesday the countdown to our trip will be 5 days.

My contact at Mr. Upton's office is Nivia Hicks. She has paid attention to our needs. She talked the issue over with us thoroughly, didn't promise miracles, but assured us that they deal with this every day. She said the same thing that one of the passport customer service reps said to me. "You might be anxious, but a week or two is a long time when it comes to passports. There's no need to worry." That's just not how I function.

I did locate the phone numbers of a number of people at the state department, but I'm quite pleased with my dealings with Ms Hicks, so I'm just going to let her do her job. I'll also follow up on this each and every day.

Oddly enough, I feel pretty calm about this most of the time. For as much pressure as this brings to bear on our lives Marge and I are pretty healthy. Also, I would expect to have increased pain from the Fibromyalgia and more pronounced symptoms of Asperger Syndrome. Quite the contrary, I feel a sense of calm that is quite remarkable.

My prayer life has grown, I've made major changes in diet, and I've started a regimen of proprioceptive/vestibular stimulating exercises that are quite helpful. Marge continues faithfully to study the word as she has always done. Above all, God is equipping us to step out and choose to exercise faith.

I thank God for his work in us and in the children.

Adam

No comments: