Sunday, May 27, 2007

Passports Have Arrived - Updates at Bethel

Thankyou all who have been praying with us.

We have been working with Fred Upton's office and they gave us a call on Friday night that our passports were in the FedEx truck. Saturday before noon, we received them. We're so thankful for how God provides. We were nervous that they might not come in time, but we also had a sense of assurance that if God wants in the Czech Republic,He will provide for our needs.

With my passport in my hand, I started to feel really nervous. Now this is real. We are really going. I'll make every effort to make daily posts to this blog during our trip, and to post pictures whenever possible. Our prayer is that God's Holy Spirit will guide us and those with whom we visit, and will give us clear direction on is the Czech is where he wants us to serve.

Today, had the opportunity to speak briefly at our home church, Bethel Baptist, during our morning worship service. Also sang the song, In Christ Alone (the one Michael English sang, not the contemporary chorus - although that one is really good too). As we got up to speak, we took a picture of the congregation so that we can show our Christian brothers and sisters in Czech what our home church family looks like.

It's a bitter sweet experience. As I looked out at the audience, I saw faces of people that I've known for the last fifteen years, and many new faces as well. If God wills, we will be in another country in about two years. That is exciting, but it also means leaving a place that is truly my home. I feel more attached to Bethel Baptist than I do my own house. Bethel has been our church family for nearly Marge and my entire marriage. During our time at Bethel our children were born, grew, came to faith in Christ, and were baptised. Marge and I have both grown so much in our faith, and I especially feel that I have come to understand what it means to be a man, and more importantly a man who follows Jesus Christ.

Our final departure may not be fore two years from now, but it's something I'm starting to think about.
One other thing. You can see by the picture above, that it isn't that fancy of a building. After 15 years there, I look at it and to me it is beautiful. It is my home.

Adam

No comments: