Friday, June 1, 2007

Ready, Set, Uh-Oh

I'm not surprised that just as we are getting ready to head to Eastern Europe for our survey trip, that little things are going wrong and small things are breaking.

For Marge it has been appointments running late, and a variety of frustrations.

For me, it was trying to get the lawn mowed one last time before we left so that our house sitter only has to do it once. So 9:45pm last night I started mowing the lawn, and got most of the front done before it became obvious that the mower was dying. No big deal, we'll just pay the neighbor boy to do it until we get back.

This experience has forced to take everything in stride, because I believe that we are seeking out what God wants us to do with our lives. If God wants our trip to happen, it will, and if the house caves in while we are gone, then He'll guide us through that as well.

Tonight we drop the children off with the family that will be keeping them while we are gone. Marge has done a phenomenal job of planning food and working with the other family. Michael and Maryellen must avoid most dairy and wheat products. So Marge has set up the host family with whom they will be staying with a supply of soy milk, and other packaged foods.

I'm likewise prepped and supplied with the various vitamin and enzyme supplements that I've found help me maintain my health, and I've been communicating various details with the Rev. Ron Barnes in the Czech.

Tonight we finish packing and try to decide if we really have what we need or have forgotten anything. It should be a great trip.

Keep your eyes on this blog, and I'll try to get to a computer for daily updates.

Adam

No comments: