Friday, July 6, 2007

Candidate Seminar - 3,2,1,LAUNCH!

This really started shortly after we returned from our survey trip. Marge started making the various arrangements for the children, I arranged a person to watch the house, etc. The July 4th, we finished all of our packing, then watched the fire works. The next day (5-July) I rode my bike to work, and Marge packed the car, put our mail on hold, and ran other errands.

She came by the office at 3pm with the bike rack on the car and the children literally buried in the back seat with pillows and things we needed to take with us. The children thought it was fun. I loaded my bicycle on the car and we drove the hour to my sister and brother in law's house in LaGrange, IN.

Later we drove the 20 min. from their to my parents house where we spent the night. It was encouraging to sit and talk with mom and dad, and finally when it got to be about 11pm we realised that we had to call it a night.

This morning after spending breakfast (8:30am) with my parents we struck off on I-80 to the Ohio Turnpike. We only stopped once briefly for gas and a beverage, planning on holding out until we crossed into the Pennsylvania border before we ate lunch. For those of you that are internet junkies, all of the Ohio Turnpike Service areas have WIFI. We didn't stop long enough, otherwise I would have posted a blog entry then.

Once across the PA border we got off the PA Turnpike at Beaver Falls, and stopped for lunch about three miles off the turnpike at Matty Goff's Cafe. It will a little spot with a basic menu of steak and eggs, burgers, sandwiches, Lo Mein, and even Lumpia (delicious Philipino food). It was affordable and friendly and sure beats McDonalds.

We arrived at the hotel in Harrisburg at 7:45 pm. We are a little beat, but are getting unpacked before we go out to grab a late dinner. Tomorow things start in ernest. We are both a little nervous and excited. God is kind to allow us to pursue this path in our lives.

Adam

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Adam and Marge, just getting caught up with your trip/s. I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. I am very proud of you as brother and sister in Christ that you would take this incredible step of faith! I will pray that our God will supply all of your needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus! Jennifer Reynolds (Rupe)