Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Candidate Seminar - Day 5 - Morning

This is becomming a test of endurance. I haven't had a chance to get much exercise, and each day's sessions are about 10 to 11 hours. An hour for lunch and an hour for dinner are included, and there are little five and ten min. breaks too. During the time when interviews are taking place, we've had 30 min or an hour of open time also.

For example, today we have a two hour block of open time. Marge and I are planning on taking a nap.

The days are getting long though, and I'm really stiff from all of the sitting. I found a storage room during the last break to try and do a little stretching, and i stood during the last 30 min.

I you are praying for us, please pray that God will help me deal with the pain and stiffness that i get when I spend this much time sitting.

First, there was more discussion on "personal sanctification". Basically, identifying specific areas in your life that don't measure up to what the Bible describes, and making a committment to improve. It really is important that I continuously seek to improve how I live. It's my desire to please God more and more, because I love Him. The more I strive to please Him, the more I enjoy my relationship with Him, and the effort involved in serving God.

Then at 8:30 we started the financial policy and practice class. They covered some of this at a high level yesterday, but today we get more detail. It's very important, because ABWE (and Marge and me) are dedicated to the highest level of integrity in handling finances. ABWE is very strict, and I apreciate it.

So this class is a little tedious, but highly important.

Adam

No comments: