Sunday, July 1, 2007

Now What Are We Doing?

Our next step is to attend two conferences, which are fortunately back to back.

1. Candidate Seminar is the final "gate" through which we must pass before being appointed as ABWE missionaries to the Czech Republic.
2. Missionary Enrichment. It is a training and enrichment seminar for newly appointed and also experienced missionaries. We will be attending sessions on how to have a successful Pre-Field ministry and also how to stay emotionally and spiritually healthy while everything is going on.

We leave Friday morning and in the mean time are getting the kids ready to go and making all the arrangements that we made just a couple of weeks ago. It feels crazy to pack up and leave all over again, but this is the last big step before we enter pre-field.

You wouldn't believe all of the little things that need to get done. One thing is that I don't own a suite coat any more. It's just one of those things that we left out of our budget. It isn't required for church any more, and I don't need it for work, so I didn't buy one. So, Wednesday, Marge and I went suit coat shopping. We bought a black blazer, which was way nicer than any of my threadbare pants, so we purchased pants as well.

Thursday, a friend of mine offered to take me shopping for a laptop. The practicle side of me still wonders why I can't go into missions without owning a laptop and a projector. That said, they are considered required tools. Those to expenditures alone can hold a missionary couple back from starting their support raising.

Well, praise God, I have the laptop. I'm sure God will supply whatever else we need.

Then we lined up some one to watch the house, who will be taking care of the children, put a stop on the mail. It's all coming together. Marge is doing much of the preparation, but once we get in the car, I do the driving and she relaxes, reads or we just chat.

We're nervous and excited.

Adam

No comments: