Sunday, July 8, 2007

Candidate Seminar - Day 2

A full and heart moving day. We started at 7:30 this morning and finished up about 9pm.

This morning started out with singing in worship to God. The worship speaker spoke on God's strength to accomplish God's work even in the face of our weekness. It really caught my attention, because I'm sitting in a room with other candidates who seem far more qualified. It's good to remember that God will equip Marge and I to do the work that he has for us.

Dr. Loftis spoke on the vision and values of ABWE. In the typical corporate business environment that would be where I would mentally check out, but at ABWE their vision and values truely drive all that they do. I'm so impressed with the passion and dedication of the men and women who serve in the leadership.

After lunch we spent time learning about ABWE's Education programs and there media department. After dinner we were given presentations on the work being done in Africa, Spanish speaking South America, and Portugease speaking South America. It's exciting to see so many are comming to receive the hope of Jesus Christ.

Tomorow we have some interviews with various people. I really don't feel ready, but I think that God will provide.

Adam

No comments: